i dream of a man named oscar!
for our pre-honeymoon, my future husband + i went to italy. long story, but to sum it up, our wedding was just prior to our annual fishing trip in alaska, so we honeymooned before the wedding. in hindsight, i highly recommend it.
while it’s hard to have a bad meal in italy, one dish continues to stand out for us to this day. penne da oscar. here is my best guess at how to [quickly + easily] recreate this amazing penne dish found at ristorante da oscar in milan.
- 1 jar premade spicy marinara pasta sauce – i like mezzetta
- 1 lb. packaged ground italian sausage
- 1 ice cube size of frozen pesto [i make my own every year and freeze minus the parmesan]
- 1 – 2 parmesan rinds
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- cook sausage until done. drain if/as needed.
- add pasta sauce, pesto and rinds.
- simmer 10 minutes while cooking pasta.
- just before serving add heavy cream + stir.
- spoon over al dente penne + enjoy with your favorite chianti.